Friday, January 1, 2010

My first reflection :)

Most of New Year's was spent in bed texting, talking to friends and family, and reading tarot books with Comedy Central playing in the background. Right before Ghostbusters 1 and 2 came on, I decided to go ahead and have my New Year's reading with the Deviant Moon. I used the Celtic Cross which used to confuse me when I first began, but I wanted to stretch myself a bit. (I usually do three card readings, , for daily draws.

Instead of asking for a completely general reading, I asked, "What are the energies at work in my life right now?". What I expected was to be confused on a certain point for the rest of the day, but it didn't happen. I wasn't completely stumped. The CC can be so inflexible to me (don't ask why); however, today's reading was fluid and made sense.

I first drew The Fool. This made me giggle. :) I remember that the first CC I ever done had this in the first position. My serious adventure recently began and I feel new and somewhat innocent again. This really clicked with me. What crossed this card was the Ace of Pentacles. Usually this is the card that stumps me in many decks, but it seemed like the two cards merged to give this card more meaning for me. I have been interested into trying to secure my future and beginning new things (like saving more money and being in control of my spending). It feels like that the need to think about all the new material concerns takes the wind from the Fool's sails a bit. It's not keeping me down though. It looks like the Fool is staring down the metallic dragon watching over the treasure.

That dragon isn't just scary, he was designed to intimidate in order to make sure that the potential held in the pentacle isn't wasted or abused. Makes sense for the pentacle that holds an universe within it. It's not so cold after all. :)

The third card I pulled as the foundation was the Ace of Wands in all her beauty. The new lease on life was helped by my guardian angel or spirit guide who is often represented as the Ace of Wands. He/She spurs me to action when it comes to my beliefs, and I am very grateful for it. I feel like I'm the baby in the pod being protected and encouraged to develop spiritually.

I'm going to end this post here and pick up tomorrow. Tarot-wise, my practice has started on a high note. :)

-Super-Frog

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's great when things click right away. I am allergic to the CC, I think, lol... Based on what you described as something you'd like to concentrate more on, the AceP can help The Fool with more responsibility. While the wonderful energy of The Fool can keep that part of your journey fun and always a learning experience.

    I look forward to seeing how the rest of the CC turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Super Frog! Glad to see someone else is using the Deviant Moon for their PDR. I'll read more of your posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete