Friday, January 1, 2010

My Official Intro!

This probably should have been the first post on this blog, but I'm not the type of person to do things in order. The purpose for my introduction is to give a more fleshed out sense of who I am (not completely, but you'll catch my drift).

My tarot adventure began when I was seventeen. Around that time I was interested in Earth based religions as well as psychic phenomena. I was reading a book that mentioned how tarot cards could be bought at bookstores. Before I thought they were solely the domain of New Age shops, so this just opened up a whole new world for me. That Christmas I was given a bookstore gift card (people knew about my love of reading) and bought a deck and a couple of books. My first deck was the RWS.

I wasn't allowed to hold down a part-time job, so I spent a lot of time playing around with the cards looking for insight into the wrong questions. Now that I think about it, the cards were right on, my mind wasn't. I didn't pick up another deck until I was twenty-two. I saw a nature looking one, Tarot of the Secret Forest and was hooked. Then I picked up Tarot For a New Generation by Janina Renee. I've been learning about the Tarot ever since.

Fast-forward to December '08 when I bought, from the same bookstore, the Deviant Moon Tarot. At first I wasn't going to buy it, but I got good vibes in the store about it. I've been hooked ever since (with the exception of the Liber T which I believe will take an entire lifetime for me to fully appreciate it). It speaks to my subconscious in ways that my rational doesn't fully understand. Now I want to study the deck a little closer to figure out what's really being said because now it seems like I'm reading with the cards underwater. The water itself kind of distorts the message. I think that some of the "water" are the elements of the card that I don't know how to process. This PDR will be a chance for me to notice the elements that I've didn't pay attention to.

Okay, that's out of the way. :) It's time for PDR 2010 to kick off!

- Super-Frog

No comments:

Post a Comment